The Ten Steps to Your Success
The accomplishment of any important goal in life requires two things: a plan, and a commitment to keep to that plan! What follows is a simple 10-step process that will guide you to achieving success in your chosen Damelin programme, therefore bringing you one step closer to the career of your choice, or the advancement that you aspire to.
Choose the programme that best suits you:
- Identify a career that best suits your natural interests and abilities.
- Choose a learning programme that is relevant to your chosen career, and for which you are able to meet the entrance requirements.
Fill in your registration form. (You can phone one of our student consultants on 0860-61-61-61 to assist you in filling out the form.) Then send your completed registration form plus the certified copies of the relevant support documents to meet the entrance requirement of your chosen course to DCC by:
- Posting it to Damelin Correspondence College, P.O Box 31001, Braamfontein, 2017, or
- Taking it to your nearest DCC office.
Once the academic process has been successfully completed, decide how
you wish to pay for your studies:
- You may pay the full fee in cash (which will save you interest charges), or on terms over an agreed period.
- You may choose to register now for the complete learning programme, even if you plan to do only some of the subjects this year, and the rest later. This will save you money in the long run.
Once you have registered, DCC will send you your first study pack
containing the following:
- Your student card, which identifies you as a student wherever you go;
- Your DCC study notes, which have been designed to make you feel as if you have your own personal teacher;
- Your information guide, a summary of important details;
- A Certification Road Map, which tells you how to enter for your examinations;
- Your personal study programme, which shows you the study units or items that you will need for each subject that you are studying; and
- Your assignment covers and envelopes, to make it easy for you to send in your assignments and queries to the College.
Decide on the study times that best suit your lifestyle. Then work out your own study timetable. Try to keep to your timetable! It is very difficult to catch up when you have fallen behind.
Get down to the serious business of studying. The notes have been designed to take the place of a class teacher.
Complete regular assignments to check how you are doing.
- Continuous assessment is an essential feature of distance learning. Our study material contains numerous self-assessment exercises, to help you to make sure that you are in control of your work at all times.
- At the end of each module, there is a progress assignment which you can complete and send to the college for marking and/or model answers.
- Note that the assignments are not compulsory, for examinable courses, and you can register for exams when you are ready.
Enter for the examinations
- Follow the instructions on your Certification Road Map on how and when to enter for your examinations.
- Remember that it is your own responsibility to register in time for a particular examination sitting.
Write the examinations
- You will enter the examination room knowing that you have done the very best preparation that you are capable of, and you will face the exam paper with confidence.
Qualify for your award
- Join the thousands of successful past students of Damelin Correspondence College who are making a success of their careers.