National Certificate: Electronics NQF Level 3 SAQA 59569
Price: Enquire with a consultant
This qualification intends to set standards for a typical learner entering the field of electronics. It will provide learners with foundational, basic knowledge and experiential skills to be able to perform in the electronics field. The student will also have a basic knowledge and understanding of communication skills, safety measures in an electronic environment, principles of electricity and operating electronic components, instruments and test equipment.
- Interpret and use information from texts
- Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes
- Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication texts
Principles of Electricity and Electronics
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of computers
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts of telecommunications
- Understand fundamentals of electricity
- Understand basic electronic theory and components
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical and electronic components
Operate electronic components, instruments and test equipment
- Use and maintain hand tools and equipment
- Construct Basic Electronic Circuits
- Inspect and test electrical circuits
- Perform basic electrical circuit calculation
- Perform electronic fault-finding
- Test and replace basic electronic components
Safety measures in an electronics environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical safe working practices
- Adjust and maintain the production/assembly process
- Apply personal safety practices on a wastewater treatment
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of different number bases and measurement units and an awareness of error in the context of relevant calculations
- Investigate life and work related problems using data and probabilities
- Describe, apply, analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
National Certificate: Electronics (SAQA ID 59569) is a National Qualification, accredited by Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sectors Education & Training Authority (MICT SETA).
You should be able to complete this course within 18 months.
Grade 10 (Std. 8) with foundational skills in English and Mathematics or NQF Level 2 with foundational skills in English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
MICT SETA will award you with a statement of results indicating the unit standards in which you have been found competent in this particular qualification. You will also receive a statement of results from Damelin College. The award, after verification visit, will be issued by MICT SETA.
Leave your details and we’ll call you back