General Administration Certificate
Price: Enquire with a consultant
During this course, you will learn about Business Administration, Office Practice, English for Business, and Computing.
- Cash control
- The safe-keeping of money: banking
- The recording of money received and paid out
- Credit control
- The control of purchases
- Forms of business ownership
- Difference between a partnership and a company
- Capital formation
- The nature of trade
- The trader
- Purchase, receipt and control of stock
- Storage and re-ordering of stock
- Sales and despatches
- Contract of purchase and sale
- Organisations affecting trade and industry
- Insurable risks in commerce and industry
- Staff planning and organisation
- Wage systems and records
- Laws concerning staff
- Recording information
- Information handling and communication
- Reports and records management
- Reproduction of information, and office machines
- Salaries and wages, and relevant legislation
- Banking Communication
- Theoretical Aspects of Communication
- Written Communication
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ELECTIVE SUBJECTS:
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- MS Word 2010
- MS EXCEL 2010
- MS OUTLOOK 2010
Career Fields/Further Studies
Successful students will gain basic knowledge and skills in general administration. Please enquire at your nearest Damelin Correspondence College branch for the prospectus containing information with regard to further studies.
The DCC General Administration Certificate is a DCC Career Programme, which is not an accredited NQF qualification. This programme has been approved by the Damelin Correspondence College Academic Board.
You should be able to complete each of these courses within 18 months.
Grade 10 (Std. 8) or equivalent, or relevant work experience (3 years), computer literacy and access to a PC.
This course includes some examinable and non-examinable subjects. You are required to submit assignments for the non-examinable subjects to the College for marking and pass them successfully. For the examinable subjects, your assignments are optional, but you have to write and pass three formal exams. Please note that exams are written in June and October/November of each year. You should complete an examination entry form and submit it to the College, together with the prescribed examination fee before the closing date for the next examination. In order to achieve your award, you have to pass all exams and compulsory assignments.
Please note: the examination fee is not included in your tuition fee.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your DCC General Administration Certificate.
*Non-credit bearing/Not aligned to NQF
Leave your details and we’ll call you back