Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF 5
Price: Enquire with a consultant
The Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Develeopment is designed to provide access to further education for many experienced and skilled Early Childhood Development (ECD) practitioners and trainers who do not have recognised qualifications. The elective unit standards encompass Literacy, Numeracy and Life Skills learning programmes for the Reception Year and develops ECD practioners who specialise in aspects of ECD practice.
- 8647 - Apply Workplace Communication Skills
- 13853-Mediate Active Learning in ECD Programmes
- 13854-Promote Healthy Development in ECD Programmes
- 13855- Develop and Manage the ECD Learning Programme
- 10289 - Facilitate a Programme of Learning Organise a Programme of Learning
- 10288 - Organise a Programme of Learning
- 7409 - Facilitating a Literacy Learning Programme in the Reception Year
- 7408 - Facilitating a Life Skills Learning Programme in the Reception Year
- 7410 - Facilitating a Numeracy Learning Programme in the Reception Year
Career Fields/Further Studies
Practioners who have successfully completed this qualification are able to use their knowledge of child growth and development in the following contexts: home-based and ECD centres, family and community motivators, fieldworkers, facilitators, trainers and managers to provide appropriate education, training and development services in the ECD sub-field.
SAQA ID: 64649
NQF Level: 5
The Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development, NQF 5, SAQA ID 23117 is an accredited NQF programme with ETDP SETA.
You should be able to complete this course within 24 months.
In order to achieve the exit level outcomes of this qualification, students need the following knowledge and skills equivalent to NQF Level 4:
- The ability to read, write and use written resource material for learning and teaching in at least two South African languages
- The ability to understand fundamental mathematical/numerical concepts
Plus the applied competence outlined in the core unit standards at Level 4:
- Facilitate Active Learning in ECD Programmes;
- Facilitate Healthy Development in ECD Programmes; and
- Manage the ECD Learning Programme.
Assessment of your competency is based on the evidence you will submit in conducted Portfolios of Evidence (PoE). Each PoE will include theoretical tasks and evidence of the practical tasks done at a registered ECD centre. It is therefore important that you know and understand that you must identify and arrange access to a registered ECD centre at the start of your studies, in order to complete the practical tasks required, without which you will not be able to complete your studies. Practical tasks are integrated with the theory.
Upon successful completion of the programme and verification conducted by the ETDP SETA, students will receive the ETDP SETA award Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF Level 5 SAQA ID 23117 and an DCC statement of results outlining the unit standards successfully completed. DCC applies bi-annually to the ETDP SETA for verification on behalf of the student.
Leave your details and we’ll call you back