FET Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF 4
The special Payment in Full Web Price listed above is only valid if you complete the enrolment form on the Damelin Correspondence website and choose one of the Payment in Full options available to you.
Your Payment in Full options are:
- Credit Card (you can use your budget facility)
- Internet Banking Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Direct Deposit (at any FNB Bank Branch)
- Cheque, Postal Order (delivered or posted to one of our branches) or Cash (paid at one of our branches)
The Payment Plan option on our website does not qualify you for our special Web Only Prices.
This is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). This qualification is aimed at people who are already practising within the field without formal recognition as well as for those who wish to enter the field. The qualification enables recipients to plan and prepare for early childhood development; facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children; and provide care and support to babies, toddlers and young children.
- 7468 Use Mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
- 9015 Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- 9016 Represent, analyse and calculate shape and motion in a 2- and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
Second South African Language - Kommunikasie
- 119472 Akkommodering van die gehoor deur middel van mondelinge kommunikasie of lyftaal om sodoende die spreker se boodskap duideliker oor to dra
- 119457 Skryf ‘n reeks kommunikasietekste
- 119467 Taal en kommunikasie in beroepsgerigte leerprogramme 119457 Interpretasie en gebruik van tekste
- 119462 Engage in sustained oral/signed communication and evaluate spoken/signed texts 119469 Read/view, analyse and respond to a variety of texts
- 119471 Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes
- 119459 Write/present/sign for wide range of contexts
- 244468 Prepare resources and set up the environment to support the development of babies, toddlers and young children
- 244462 Work with families and communities to support Early Childhood Development
- 244484 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the development of babies, toddlers and young children 244480 Facilitate the holistic development of babies, toddlers and young children
- 244475 Observe and report on child development
- 244472 Prepare Early Childhood Development programmes with support
- 244469 Provide care for babies, toddlers and young children
- 244485 Design activities to support the development of babies, toddlers and young children
- 244578 Describe how to manage reactions arising from a traumatic event
- 244459 Support children and adults living with HIV and AIDS
- 242816 Conduct a structured meeting
- 13643 Develop learning programmes to enhance participation of students with special needs
Career Fields/Further Studies
The qualification facilitates the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and teaches you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions. This qualification also provides a basis for further professional development in the education and training band for many experienced practitioners in the field who have had limited or difficult access to further career development opportunities.
On successful completion practitioners will generally carry out their role under the supervision of a qualified ECD NQF Level 5 practitioner and with the support of designed ECD programmes.
SAQA ID: 58761
NQF Level: 4
The Further Education and Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 4, SAQA ID 58761 is a credit-bearing National Qualification registered on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework) and accredited by the quality assurance body ETDP SETA (Education, Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority).
You should be able to complete this course within 24 months.
Communication and Maths Literacy at NQF Level 3 , Grade 11 (Std. 9) and a second South African language at NQF Level 2, Grade 10 (Std. 8).
Assessment of your competency is based on the evidence you will submit in conducted Portfolios of Evidence (PoE). Each PoE will include theoretical tasks and evidence of the practical tasks done at a registered ECD centre. It is therefore important that you know and understand that you must identify and arrange access to a registered ECD centre at the start of your studies, in order to complete the practical tasks required, without which you will not be able to complete your studies. Practical tasks are integrated with the theory.
All students are encouraged to work on all the assignments that are in the study guide. However, students are required to submit compulsory assignments that are provided in the Study Programme. Only these compulsory assignments will be marked and accounted for to be included in the final mark.
Upon successful completion of the programme and verification conducted by the ETDP SETA, students will receive the ETDP SETA award Further Education and Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF Level 4 SAQA ID 58761 and a DCC statement of results outlining the unit standards successfully completed. DCC applies bi-annually to the ETDP SETA for verification on behalf of the student.
Leave your details and we’ll call you back