National Certificate: Supply Chain Management (Level 5)
Price: Enquire with a consultant
Successful students will gain the knowledge and skills that they require to manage supply chain processes and inter-relationships across the supply chain.
Module 1: The Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Apply professional values and ethics in the operational environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the supply chain environment
- Evaluate the influences of key components in a supply chain
- Negotiate with suppliers
Module 2: Planning of Supply Chain Management
- Analyse and apply management practices within the supply chain
- Manage relationships between supply chain partners
- Monitor, assess and manage risk
- Analyse logistic systems and implement appropriate strategic plans
Module 3: Enactment of Supply Chain Management
- Outline the philosophy of supply chain management
- Establish a competitive supply chain infrastructure
- Develop and implement supply chain performance management systems
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements in developing strategies to optimise operational supply
Module 4: Operational Supply Chain Management
- Manage logistic operations
- Prepare products for transportation; manage the return of goods and warehousing
- Design a distribution network
- Conduct demand forecasting and develop supply and capacity plans to meet demand
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of international trade and execute international purchases
Career Fields/Further Studies
This qualification provides you with the appropriate knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the field of Supply Chain Management effectively. Please enquire at the nearest Damelin Correspondence College branch for the prospectus containing information with regard to further studies.
SAQA ID: 74149
NQF: Level 5
The National Certificate: Supply Chain Management, NQF 5, SAQA ID 74149 is an accredited NQF programme with the TETA Seta.
You should be able to complete this course within 18 months.
In order to achieve the exit level outcomes of this qualification, students need the following knowledge and skills:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy and the ability to use databases and spreadsheets at NQF Level 3
Formative and summative assessments will assess all specific outcomes and adhere to all assessment criteria of the learning programme. You have to be declared competent in the formative assessment before you are able to submit the summative assessment. Once you have successfully been declared competent in all four modules, you will be required to write and pass a Final Integrated Summative Exam to achieve the complete qualification.
All students are encouraged to work on all the assignments that are in the study guide. However, students are required to submit compulsory assignments that are provided in the Study Programme. Only these compulsory assignments will be marked and accounted for to be included in the final mark.
Upon successful completion of the programme and verification by the TETA SETA, you will receive a National Certificate: Supply Chain Management.
Leave your details and we’ll call you back